Guatemala Retahuleu Mission

Wednesday, February 10, 2010







New Mission in Guatemala



Missionaries report that the fifth mission in Guatemala will be organized this summer from the Guatemala Quetzaltenango and Guatemala City Central Missions. The new mission will be named the Guatemala Retahuleu Mission. The decision to create a second mission in the highlands of western Guatemala was likely due to continue to expand outreach into small, Amerindian communities. Many of these communities have members, some of which meet in small branches or groups. Like the creation of Chile Concepcion South Mission in the mid-2000s, the new mission will likely be created to have mission leadership and missionaries work with areas with high inactivity. There are also several districts close to becoming stakes which the new mission may facilitate becoming stakes in the coming years.








Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Come what may and love it!

Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 11:21 AM


Family!
You guys are the greatest! I know I say stuff like that all the time,
but seriously. I'm going to try and post pictures, I don't know if
itll work though.
I'm so excited for conference and for this month to end! I don't
know, but this area hasn't been easy and it's been so hard to stay
motivated. So hard! But I set some new goals this week and things
should go better now. I just really don't like the fluctuations in
spirituality, success, temptation, and other missionaries. So
ridiculous sometimes.
I believe (and hope, for the sake of air conditioning) that we will be
watching conference in the stake center over in Malacatan. I am so
ready.
We play soccer every week (we took a break today), and I love playing.
I will certainly write Andrew and Caleb.
Thank you for the encouragement Mom! I miss you!
Haley, have fun with those herbal pills. I hope they help you breathe better. And
new ski boots!!!?? Awesome! You better use them A LOT! Sounds like
you're working really hard in cross country. Keep it up! Never
settle for anything but your very best! And thanks for the pictures!
You look great! What the first picture you sent of? It's the one of
the group' in front of the school.
Brock, being sick sounds relaxing, but lame at the same time. And
Kung Pow and Family Guy? Reeeeeeeeeaaaalllllllllly? Whenever I see a
cow's utter I think of that moovie. Haha. There are a lot of cows
here.
And hang in there at school! You are a good student, you just don't
know it. Just don't be lazy and have fun with it. And don't fight
life's battles alone.
Dad, President joined the church about 18 years ago. Two missionaries
knocked on his door. He read the Book of Mormon 1 and 1/2 times
before getting baptized. He didn't really believe Joseph Smith was a
prophet until after he got baptized, but he had a powerful testimony
of the Book of Mormon (kind of ironic) and that Brigham Young was a
prophet. Interesting stuff.
Regarding spiritual gifts, yeah I read my patriarchal blessing and
spent some time meditating over the matter this week. My blessing is
very clear about certain gifts that I have, but I feel like there are
a few more that I've been given. I read my blessing about once a week
and it's such a boost! I've been tremendously blessed, maybe even
spoiled haha.
My weight is dropping too! I decided that I'm tired of not being in
good shape, I'm not fat, but I feel gross. I made some goals to keep
myself regular and stuff.
Glad to hear your face is feeling better. WIll you have to do that
again in the future? Sounds painful.
Thank you for always motivating me to go big. I actually brought up
the radio idea to my zone leaders, they like it. We're going to try
and find some time to look for a radio station this week. There will
probably be a lot of opposition from the evangelical radio stations,
so that will be interesting. But I want to go big. With the soccer
ball idea, I can't ask anyone to donate stuff, but if they offer, I
can do it. Do you ever see Robb Ball? If so, could you give him my
email? That would be awesome.
Thank you guys for everything.
We did have one baptism. Angelica, a 20 year old
who was introduced to the church by her RM boyfriend. She got
baptized and confirmed despite opposition from her family and
boyfriend (superstar RM). It was a great experience and I'm so
thankful that the Lord has blessed us in this area. Now we need to
find a family!
Thank you guys so much. I love you all and hope you're doing great!
Please participate in this missionary work!
Come what may and love it!
Thank you and love you more than you know,
Elder Austin Tyler