Monday, June 06, 2011 5:30 PM
Hey!
Thank you all so much for the news and the emails. You guys are the
best. This week was interesting, and great. I mean every week is
good in its own way, but lots of cool stuff happened.
To start... questions yalls had. Hermana Maravilla (Mission President's wife) is okay. She is
recovering very quickly from her surgery.
Hermano Menchu didn't come to church this week, but another guy we
found that is starting to change his drinking habits did.
Dad, there isn't much of a language barrier with President. He talks
a little different because he's from Nicaragua, but I understand him.
Haley, go ahead and use the tshirt design.
And yes, we teach Sunday School to the young men and women every
Sunday. It's a tough time, but it's good. Teaching teenagers is hard
and annoying sometimes haha.
So today we went to the beach finally! We went as a zone and it was a
lot of fun. I got sunburnt even though it was cloudy. But it was soo
much fun and it wasn't burning hot!
I tried to upload photos and it ate up all my time and failed. Gosh
darn it. I'm sorry. Darn technology on the interwebnets.
President came down for the activity today and we cooked a big lunch
with him. He's so funny. He likes to cook (and eat). Dang, I really
got to go. I had so much to say! But this week was great and we're
working hard. I'm so sorry I can't write more. I love you guys so
much and stay safe!
Forgive me for the lack of news and stuff. I am so frustrated right
now. But I'd rather be frustrated than disobedient. I love you all.
Have an awesome week!
Elder Austin Tyler
Austin is serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission. His weekly emails will be posted here.
Guatemala Retahuleu Mission
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
New Mission in Guatemala
Missionaries report that the fifth mission in Guatemala will be organized this summer from the Guatemala Quetzaltenango and Guatemala City Central Missions. The new mission will be named the Guatemala Retahuleu Mission. The decision to create a second mission in the highlands of western Guatemala was likely due to continue to expand outreach into small, Amerindian communities. Many of these communities have members, some of which meet in small branches or groups. Like the creation of Chile Concepcion South Mission in the mid-2000s, the new mission will likely be created to have mission leadership and missionaries work with areas with high inactivity. There are also several districts close to becoming stakes which the new mission may facilitate becoming stakes in the coming years.
New Mission in Guatemala
Missionaries report that the fifth mission in Guatemala will be organized this summer from the Guatemala Quetzaltenango and Guatemala City Central Missions. The new mission will be named the Guatemala Retahuleu Mission. The decision to create a second mission in the highlands of western Guatemala was likely due to continue to expand outreach into small, Amerindian communities. Many of these communities have members, some of which meet in small branches or groups. Like the creation of Chile Concepcion South Mission in the mid-2000s, the new mission will likely be created to have mission leadership and missionaries work with areas with high inactivity. There are also several districts close to becoming stakes which the new mission may facilitate becoming stakes in the coming years.