Whoooaoaaaaoaoaoaoaoaaaaa Haley!
Hahaha CONGRATULATIONS!
That is soooo cool! Good job x1000 and then some!
I wrote you a letter like three weeks ago and the mail place has been
closed the whole time, so I haven't sent it. And now with this news I
gotta write another one! But I'll send that one today if I can and
write another. But quick advice, based on what went through my mind
when I was elected. Be careful of pride (I mean, you're practically
immune to it), but just be careful. And have fun with it! As things
get rolling, have fun, or else you'll burn out. Use the stress as
motivation to work hard, but have a good time with it! The stress
won't hit for awhile, so learn as much as you can now before all the
responsibility shifts. But seriously, fo realz, props.
Haha Dad, don't worry about the doggy pictures. When I say it made me
baggy, it was more of an awwww doggyyy! Not a depressed homesick
baggy. There are different levels of bagginess and I never get the
depressed homesick baggy. Haha so don't worry, I really do like the
pictures of the Ginge.
And thank you so much for that quote by President Hinckley. I wrote
it down and I'll add it to my collection.
Oh and as far as the world news, thanks for keeping me posted on that.
But could you include specifics as to what's happening? haha I get
really curious when you talk about governments collapsing all over the
place. Is it still Libya and Egypt? Who else? What's up with Greece?
So we got a new Zone Leader, his name is Elder Bosen. He's from San
Diego and he reminds me so much of Nick Allegretti. He seems way cool
(he has 20 months and he's still working hard) and he's excited to get
to work here.
Elder Tacam and I fear that one of us is out of here next week (with
changes). We both want one more change together in Cuyo, but we'll
see what happens. We have interviews with President this week and I
look forward to that.
I learned a good lesson this week. So Elder Tacam and I have had some
problems in our companionship, nothing big, but I could sense a bit of
contention. It was kind of weird and I was just trying to take it
easy with things and let it pass. In our companionship inventory on
Thursday, I brought it up. I told him that if there was anything I
could do to help us overcome that, to let me know. That opened the
door to communicate openly how we felt and what was going on. It
turns out his nephew went to the hospital last week and is in a pretty
critical condition. And obviously, he's stressed about that. On top
of that, we both have been frustrated with our lack of success lately.
But that idea of communication helped us figure it all out and get
our heads back on straight. I feel like communication is so key when
it comes to our relationships and interactions with other people, more
than I though before. We can never assume that we know what someone
else is thinking. That's dangerous. That enables contention to come
between people. It's something I know I will need to apply throughout
my life, especially in marriage. It's interesting how much I've been
learning that I can apply in the future.
But yeah, we discussed the advice President gave us. President told
us to take it easy, not get frustrated, and not turn into robots. He
said he know's we're working hard, not only because he trusts us, but
also because he's been watching our area ha. He warned the whole
mission to be careful this month, and he repeated that caution to us.
He said Satan is going to work very hard in March because he isn't
pleased with the mission's success in the past few weeks. He told us
to be very careful. I kind of perked up my ears with that, and Elder
Tacam and I discussed how we need to completely eliminate pride in
every aspect because that's the only way we've seen the adversary get
involved. So it was a great discussion and I was so glad we were able
to talk things through. I'm still a bit (I don't know how to say this
in English) miffed? about our lack of success. It's a bit
frustrating. We're working hard and doing things right and
continuously improving. But all we can do is our best. So that's
what we're going to keep on doing.
It sounds like everyone's really busy, but good and happy. Sorry I
don't have a lot of specific stuff to right about this week. It was a
solid week, a good one, and I'm excited for this upcoming week. I
love you guys a ton! More than you know! Can you believe it's
already March? Time is picking up.
Take care, tell everyone I say hey!
Love you!
Elder Austin Tyler
Austin is serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission. His weekly emails will be posted here.
Guatemala Retahuleu Mission
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
New Mission in Guatemala
Missionaries report that the fifth mission in Guatemala will be organized this summer from the Guatemala Quetzaltenango and Guatemala City Central Missions. The new mission will be named the Guatemala Retahuleu Mission. The decision to create a second mission in the highlands of western Guatemala was likely due to continue to expand outreach into small, Amerindian communities. Many of these communities have members, some of which meet in small branches or groups. Like the creation of Chile Concepcion South Mission in the mid-2000s, the new mission will likely be created to have mission leadership and missionaries work with areas with high inactivity. There are also several districts close to becoming stakes which the new mission may facilitate becoming stakes in the coming years.
New Mission in Guatemala
Missionaries report that the fifth mission in Guatemala will be organized this summer from the Guatemala Quetzaltenango and Guatemala City Central Missions. The new mission will be named the Guatemala Retahuleu Mission. The decision to create a second mission in the highlands of western Guatemala was likely due to continue to expand outreach into small, Amerindian communities. Many of these communities have members, some of which meet in small branches or groups. Like the creation of Chile Concepcion South Mission in the mid-2000s, the new mission will likely be created to have mission leadership and missionaries work with areas with high inactivity. There are also several districts close to becoming stakes which the new mission may facilitate becoming stakes in the coming years.